Welcome to St. Margaret’s Parish Lochgilphead
The parish which is part of Argyll and the Isles Diocese serves the Roman Catholic community of Lochgilphead and Inveraray on the mainland of Scotland as well as the Isles of Jura and Colonsay.
St. Margaret at 10:00am
All Saints at 12:30pm
St. Margaret at 10:30am
FR. DAVID CONNOR
Parish Priest of St. Margaret's Lochgilphead,
and All Saints Inveraray
Are you thinking about becoming a priest?
RC Diocese of Argyll and the Isles, Charity Registration
"Believe me- and do not let anyone deceive you by showing you a road other than that of prayer".
Teresa of Avila.
News from the Parish
- This Sunday there will be a second collection for the work of Communications in the Church in Scotland. Please be as generous as can.
- Philip Bua, We give thanks to God for the time Philip has spent with us in the Parish, in his time here he has been a great help particularly with updating the website. We wish Philip our prayers and best wishes for the future.
- James Boyd R.I.P. It is with great sadness we mourn the loss of a dear Parishioner in Inveraray - Jim Boyd. To his wife Anne and to all who knew and loved him we send our love and our prayers. Jim's body will come into All Saints on Wednesday the 31st of May at 5.30pm, and his Requiem Mass will be at 11am on Thursday the 1st of June, both of these will be in All Saint's in Inveraray.
- Justice and Peace meeting, Our Justice and Peace Group will meet on Tuesday June the 6th in the Chapel House at 6pm. Please note the change of time, as the hustings are on at 7pm that night and we are hoping to send a representation from the group.
- Tragic events in Manchester, As you will have heard the very sad news that Eilidh Macleod a fourteen year old from Barra who was at the concert was tragically killed. We cannot imagine the pain and suffering all the families are going through at this time, and we assure them all, and particularly Eilidh's family our prayers and support at this time.
- The Glasgow Phoenix Choir are having a concert in Lochgilphead Parish Church, with songs from the classics to Scots Songs, to Music from the Shows. There will be a retiring collection for the Princes Royal Trust for Carers in Scotland, doors open at 13.30- Concert is at 14.00.
- Diocesan Treasurer, The Diocese of Argyll and the Isles are looking for a Diocesan Treasurer on a part time basis. The hours will be approximately 1.5 days per week (with flexibility). Closing date is Friday the 2nd of June 2017 at 5pm.
- Our prayer group will meet as usual on Wednesday at 7pm in St. Margaret's.