Welcome to St. Margaret’s Parish Lochgilphead
The parish which is part of Argyll and the Isles Diocese serves the Roman Catholic community of Lochgilphead and Inveraray on the mainland of Scotland as well as the Isles of Jura and Colonsay.
St. Margaret at 10:00am
All Saints at 12:30pm
Normally St. Margaret's at 10:30am
but please check by clicking here.
Weekday services are subject to change at short notice.
FR. DAVID CONNOR
Parish Priest of St. Margaret's Lochgilphead,
and All Saints Inveraray
You can help ZamScotEd SCIO, our parish charity, raise money for a new classroom in our school in Zambia, by donating directly to our campaign page -
For more information visit Facebook page here
RC Diocese of Argyll and the Isles, Charity Registration
"If there is anywhere on earth a lover of God is always safe,
I know nothing of it, for it was not shown to me.
But this was shown: that in falling and rising again we are kept always in the same precious love".
Julian of Norwich.
NEWS FROM THE PARISH
Sunday 17 September 2017
- Ecclesiastical Students Fund, this Sunday we will have a second collection at all masses for the training of priests in our Diocese. We are very blessed to have one deacon Emmanuel, and Ronald in formation at the moment. There is a possibility in the next year of having as much as three more candidates, which is marvellous news for the diocese, but it cost around £20,000 a year to put them through their formation, and there is a significant shortfall every year. In light of this please be as generous as you can to this collection. Thank you very much indeed.
- Unity, Please pick up a copy of Unity. Many thanks to all who contributed in putting together this addition.
- Rehearsing new music, All who are interested could you please keep next Tuesday the 19th of September free as we hope to learn some new mass parts and music. We will meet in the Church at 7pm, on Tuesday the 19th of September.
- The Claim, Thank you to all who made the effort to come out to see the film about Oscar Romero, I am sure like me you found it very moving, and very challenging, for each and every one of us.
- Sacraments, Several parents have contacted me recently to say they would like to prepare their children for the sacraments, and would prefer not to wait another year. I would be very wiling to meet with these parents at a time that best suited to discuss how we would move this forward.
- 100 Club, Over the last few years it has become increasingly more difficult to get people to join the 100 Club, and so we have decided that the 100 Club will finish at the end of September this year. If anyone pays by standing order at their bank could they please make sure that the cancel this with immediate effect, and if anyone has a cheque from that account which has not been cashed please do so as soon as possible. I want to take this opportunity to thank Eileen Colligan for all her hard work over the years in keeping the 100 Club going. Throughout the years it has raised thousands of punds for the Parish and for this we are extremely thankful Thank you very much Eileen.
- Our prayer group will meet as usual on Wednesday at 7pm in St. Margaret's.