9 December 2018
Fr. Sandy will be with us on Monday the 17th of December between 6pm and 7pm to hear confessions. Fr. Sandy is coming from Ayr to be with us, so please make the effort to come out, and avail yourself of the sacrament, before Christmas.
Our sacramental classes for the children continue on Thursday the 13th of December
Carols and Readings, There will be carols and readings in the Church of Scotland in Inveraray, on the 14th of December at 7pm. All are most welcome, there will be mulled wine and mince pies after the service.
Christmas is a time for giving. Here are some suggestions from Justice & Peace where you can help those less fortunate than ourselves
1) There is a special collection on Sunday, December 23. No money! But could you bring a warm hat and a pair of thermal gloves or socks for the seamen supported by the Apostleship of the Sea in Argyll and the Isles. Deacon Tom Wynne has a big patch to cover and he meets many men from all around the world who have little comfort - some may even be victims of trafficking. This gift would really help.
2) Make Christmas a wee bit special for the people supported by MO-MA. A special packet of biscuits or sweeties, or a Christmassy food that doesn’t need a freezer or a cooker. The MO-MA box in the porch is open for your Christmas treat donations.
3) St Columba's community secondary school in Zambia is making great progress but needs books and equipment. The ZamScotEd customised Christmas gift certificate (you name the amount you wish to give) is now available from Marian (firstname.lastname@example.org)
4) Simon Community: You can buy a gift chosen by the homeless by going to https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/registry/wishlist/MD587S3PVC5V/ref=pdp_new_wl and at the checkout giving the Simon Community address at 472 Ballater Street, Glasgow, G5 0QW, telephone 0141 418 6980.
5) Wee Sleep Out This year the 19th Argyll Explorer Scouts are supporting the Wee Sleep Out event on December 15 to raise awareness of the causes of homelessness and raise funds to tackle the issue. The young people will sleep out near Barnluasgan. They will have to survive with the minimum of clothing and food to replicate the real experience of the homeless. The activity will support Explorers in achieving their Platinum and Diamond Chief Scout Awards - and the money they raise will provide food, clothing and essentials for the homeless. Sponsor them at:https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiserdisplay/showROFundraiserPage?userUrl=19thArgyllScoutGroup&isTeam=true
Diocesan Financial Deficit, For those of you who were not at Mass over the last
few weeks in Mid-Argyll, there is a letter from the Bishop about the Diocesan Financial Deficit, please avail yourself of a brochure. Thank you.
All Parishes have been given a new E-mail address for data protection.Our new parish e-mail address is email@example.com .Please use this e-mail for all parish business, and my old e-mail for any personal business. Many thanks, Fr. David.
Prayer Group. Our prayer group will continue to meet every Wednesday at 7pm. All are very welcome.